The MINI Cooper works to go above other cars in its performance; the service schedule for maintaining a MINI does no less. Rather than just an oil change, your MINI Cooper oil change appointment includes a few basic service checks to make sure that your MINI is running at its absolute best.
What all is included in a MINI Oil Change service appointment?
During your MINI Cooper oil change, your technician will need to complete the following:
- Change oil and oil filter,
- Inspect brakes (including parking brake),
- Check brake pads and rotors, cleaning brake pad contact points,
- Check fluid levels and adjust as necessary,
- Grease wheel centering hubs,
- Examine tires for wear and pressure, and
- Reset service interval display.
How often should I schedule a MINI Cooper Oil Change service appointment?
Your MINI Service Interval Display will flash to alert you when it's time to schedule an oil change, roughly every 7,500 miles. This mileage and the time between service will vary based on the conditions your MINI experiences, from weather to driving styles and terrain.
Which oils can be used in a MINI Cooper?
MINI Coopers require special synthetic oils to help them maintain their optimal performance. You cannot use natural oil in a MINI. We offer a list of MINI approved oils that details specific brands and oils approved by MINI for use in their vehicles.